Sunday, June 26, 2011

Satuday! :)

The moment we've all been waiting for...

The highlight of today was definitely the film awards show. We walked in to the always beautiful auditorium and tried to fight our way into some seats. This was probably the most anticipated award show because it's the commercials one. This was also particularly important because they were revealing the titanium and integrated categories tonight. They also opened a new category, creative effectiveness which measures not just how creative a campaign was, but, how effective the campaign actually was. The commercials were all great, but, they were actually most of the ones we had previously seen in the screening rooms and a lot of them were the ones I chose to critique for a different assignment so I'm just going to talk about them all together in later posts. Wieden + Kennedy won a lot of awards, as expected, including independent agency of the year. WPP won holding company of the year, BBDO won network of the year, and BBDO sao paulo won agency of the year. I was particularly excited for these wins because I LOVE BBDO. I just think their style, their motto, everything is pretty cool and I would love to work for them! We all decided to dress up for this so I was in new heels that I had just bought before I left for France and I've officially decided that I'm never wearing them again without some kind of padding or something because next day blisters are not okay!! I just wanted to throw that out there to vent about my frustration with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment