Monday, June 27, 2011

Commercial 5: Nike

Nike - Nike Football - Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam - The Netherlands 
Nike-Write your own future


This last commercial was production wise, one of the best of the whole festival. The edits, the cuts, the storyline, everything about the commercial works. There are almost no words but comments here and there and I think that's one of the things that genuinely helps the commercial. I love soccer and my parents love it too so watching this commercial brought back all the excitement of watching the world cup with them. I think that's what I liked best about it, the fact that it captured the excitement of watching play by play so exactly. Of course the production techniques were amazing too. Getting every emotion that the players have during the games and especially the good play/bad play reactions. I think Nike has always done a great job of finding agencies that capture the essence of their brand which is real sports.The just do it campaign flows perfectly from commercial to commercial and it's just effortless. It also helps that my favorite soccer team ever is Brazil and they are a part of the commercial as well! I also love that Cristiano Ronaldo is also in the commercial because he's such a great soccer player, but, more realistically because he's gorgeous. I think the aftermath of the plays are hilarious too because they're so extreme. The tone of the commercial is rugged and serious but the results of the plays are funny to me. It's a perfect marriage of everything Nike is and what it wants to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment