Monday, June 27, 2011

Commercial 2: Otrivin Nasal Spray

Novartis Consumer Health - Otrivin Nasal Spray - Saatchi & Saatchi, carouge - Switzerland
Otrivin Nasal Spray


This was probably one of my favorite commercials in the entire show. It's so simple and it was probably really cheap to make but it was hilarious! Otrivin nasal spray was trying to promote that it's better to breathe through your nose because you look dumb breathing with your mouth open. The camera angles were pretty simple, it just followed the teacher handing out a pair of scissors to every student. I think what made the commercial so good is that they didn't use any words. It was simple enough that just by watching it you knew what was going on. The only thing I think they could have done better was making it more apparent that the one little girl breathing through her mouth got a pair of safety scissors. I got the looking dumber thing the first time but didn't actually catch the little girl getting safety scissors until the second time I watched it. They also had a second commercial where a guy is breathing with his mouth and a lady decides to be nice and help him by tying his shoes. Again, hilarious. I was actually lucky enough to catch this commercial in the commercial screening room where I saw a lot of the winners  in this category. 

No comments:

Post a Comment