Monday, June 27, 2011

Commercial 3: Axe

Unilever - Axe Full Control - Ponce Buenos Aires - Argentina
Axe Full Control


This commercial was also one of the ones I had seen before hand in the commercial screening room. What I really liked about this was how serious the tone was for such a funny commercial. The camera angles were pretty simple, cut and go on to the next shot. What I really liked about their technique however was that it had an almost movie like quality. Everything about it would suggest that this was a serious disease and a real problem that men have to deal with it. The theme of the commercial was "premature perspiration," a play off the premature ejaculation problem that many men apparently suffer from. I thought it was hilarious because men are so embarrassed of this issue and the fact that it is actually so similar to sweat stains and such made it even better. Somebody at the festival told me that this was already in america but I haven't actually seen it yet. I agree with my friend Tommy when he said that it probably wouldn't fly in the US. As much freedom as we think we have, the US is still pretty conservative and although the commercial is hilarious and it really is a good promoter of axe, the similarity to the ejaculation thing might not be great. I might just make it go viral in the US by posting it on all my social media sites just so that the world can enjoy! But, it would give a lot of free advertising to axe and I don't really like them, so, I probably won't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment