Saturday, June 25, 2011

Friday!

Who's Patti Smith?


So Molly and I woke up late again. Shocker. But, we did make it to the highlight of my day which was a talk with BBDO atlanta CEO Chris Hall. He was a pretty down to earth guy and had three take home points for us. Creativity=effectiveness, we're in the golden age of creativity and collaboration is key. He elaborated on each of those points and it was a really good talk. He didn't sound like a seminar speaker and was very genuine about the advice he was giving. He was also ready and willing to answer any and all questions we had for him. The next seminar was intriguing to me because I had no idea who Patti Smith was, but, I definitely found out. I think it hit me that she was a big deal when she walked in and people stood up for her and gave her a standing ovation without even saying anything. Her book, Just Kids, is very popular and she herself is an inspiration as well as a great speaker. She even read a personal letter from the book out loud and sang a song. She's iconic and apparently a rock and roll legend and I still can't believe we got to hear her sing and give her opinion. After this we all decided to just come home since there weren't really that many seminars left and to be honest, I think we were all getting a bit tired of being in there for so long. We had a nice quiet time at home and went on a beach trip later on in the night to share stories and such. Really great way to spend a Friday night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment