Monday, June 27, 2011

Commercial 4: Chrysler

Chrysler - Chrysler 200 - Wieden + Kennedy - USA

This commercial was awesome to me. I use stumbleupon.com a lot and there was a page that had the ruins of detroit on it and it was pretty intense. They had all of these abandoned buildings and it just looked like the apocalypse or something from Cormac McCarthy's The Road. My impression of what Detroit is became the apocalypse because that's what I thought it had come down to. When I first saw this commercial, however, I was surprised to see all of the nice statues and all the people that still live there. I think people from Detroit would also be proud of this commercial because it reminds them of the home they remember, not the ruins that people post on the internet. I also love that Eminem was in it because he does for Detroit what Jay-Z does for New York. It's just this loyalty to their city that makes you respect it. The narration on this was also amazing. It built up the scene and told the story of why the city is still great and how it will rise back up to its former glory. I love the camera angles as well because it literally felt like a movie, narration and everything. And of course I loved the end with Eminem announcing that it was motor city and "this is what we do" the whole commercial was just done so well. I also liked that it showed the good and bad of the city. It really tried to show the fact that they are tying to make a come back and buying the car, you would be helping the people of Detroit out in their goal to rise their city up. It kind of makes you patriotic in the fact that by helping one state, you help your country. Awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment